64Bit version not covered by life time protection

All about using TurboFTP. Exchange your use experience or post questions/problems here.

Moderator: idler

64Bit version not covered by life time protection

Postby Doudar » Sat May 29, 2010 1:57 pm

I have been a customer of TurboFTP for many years and even purchased the Lifetime Upgrade Protection. Last week I received an email about the new release (V6.30.800, am currently using V6.10.790) which includes a 64bit version. I have been using Windows 7 pro 64bit for six months now and thought great, a 64 bit version of my favourite FTP program. Downloaded, installed, entered my licence key and was promptly told the key was invalid. Contacted the vendor and was told I would need to re-purchase if I wanted the 64bit version. Strange as no mention was made of this in the email or on their website. The small increase in the version number would indicate to me that this is an update to TurboFTP and should be covered by the life time upgrade protection I purchased. If this was not the case then this should have been made clear in the email and on the website. I have upgraded a number of other applications I use to 64bit and no other vendor has changed me for the upgrade, never mind having to pay the full price again.

John
Doudar

Re: 64Bit version not covered by life time protection

Postby admin » Sun May 30, 2010 5:23 pm

You can switch to x64 version now as long as your license's upgrade protection covers.

Regards,
Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby Doudar » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 am

Well it still fails so I guess my licence upgrade protection is not covered.
Doudar

Postby admin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Please raised a support ticket to support@tbsoftinc.com or if you have done so let us know the ticket number. In the request please forward your order ID.

Regards,
Leon
admin
Support Staff

Return to Using TurboFTP