Upload speeds and download speeds slower than internet a/c

All about using TurboFTP. Exchange your use experience or post questions/problems here.

Moderator: idler

Upload speeds and download speeds slower than internet a/c

Postby david56 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi

I have a registered TurboFTP v4.6 build 438.

My optical broadband internet a/c has a 1Mbps upload limit and 10 Mbps download but can't exceed 60 kbps upload of a large file in TurboFTP no matter how I tweak the upload option. This has been the case for some time so not a single day event

Is TurboFTP likely to be limiting upload if I've mis-set some parameter. Have tried typinng max upload limit in box but has no effect. I only manage 1 site, a Yahoo hosted business site, so have nothing to compare it with but don't think Yahoo puts any limit on upload.

Download off site via TurboFTP is OK, but only about fifth of my 10 Mbps limit.

A website based speed checker gives me up to 1 Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download, so seems to be ftp related.

Thanks for any help.

David
david56

Re: Upload speeds and download speeds slower than internet a/c

Postby admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 am

Hi,

1Mbps translates to (1/8) MB/s since 1Mbps is measured with *bit*. By '60 kbps' do you mean the upload speed is around 7KB/s?
Anyway v4.6 is pretty old and recent version has some improvement with transfer speed. I suggest you give it a try.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Re: Upload speeds and download speeds slower than internet a/c

Postby david56 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my upload speed is up to 60 kbytes / sec although more typically 20 - 30 kbyte / sec.

60 kbyte /sec is half what the optical fibre broadbamd account is now permitted.

Although have since found that a number of other account holders with my ISP are finding upload a lot less than their account allows so seems the problem may lie elsehwere.

Thanks for the help.

regards
David
david56

Re: Upload speeds and download speeds slower than internet a

Postby jangoolee » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:56 am

To achieve speeds that are dozens of times faster than 802.11n, 802.11ac .... gone faster, if Geek hadn't bottlenecked itself by performing the download test ... in the world, more of us might eventually have faster internet connections. ... it are generally hampered by issues upstream of your home connection
jangoolee

Return to Using TurboFTP