Syncing Dirs but without size or timecheck

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

Syncing Dirs but without size or timecheck

Postby pro---studio » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi,

I have a sync task that needs to sync a local directory to a FTP directory. I need to be able to sync just the files - no matter if they are older or newer or change in size. To be precise:

If there is a file on the server that has a different date or a different size than the local one it should NOT replace the file with the remote file.

To sum it up:

Is it possible for Turbo FTP to just look if a file is there or not or if there are new files or isn't it possible to deactivate the size or time compare funtion?

Thank you for your help!

pro.
pro---studio

Re: Syncing Dirs but without size or timecheck

Postby admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 am

Can you clarify what you need: which file are you going to upload and which not?
admin
Support Staff

Postby pro---studio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:15 am

Sorry that I didn't explain it right.

I need just a "basic" sync function where TurboFTP just looks if new files are available or if files have disappeared. I don't want TurboFTP to "update" existing files with newer versions. So I want to be able to turn off the compare by size AND compare by date feature. I just want Turbo FTP to synchronize the directory not the files if they change date or size.

In FTP Voyager you have to checkboxes "compare by size" and "compare by date" and you can disable both. That is a feature that I want to have in TurboFTP. Maybe it is already there but I'm too dumb to see it.

Cheers

pro.
pro---studio

Postby admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:33 am

You can just use the Sync Scheme 'only upload new files to destination', in which case the comparison options are simply ignored.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby pro---studio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Yes but I want to also delete the files that are not in the soucre anymore.

Cheers

pro.
pro---studio

Postby Dalinda » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 am

This is extremely decent and conventional post....you shook posting it....thanks a considerable measure for posting it....!! :roll: :twisted: :P
Dalinda

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service