Invalid login error - only with sync service ??

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

Invalid login error - only with sync service ??

Postby aeades » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:15 pm

Hi, i downloaded this software as it seems to have the function i require but that is the only part that doesn;t work ?

I have setup an FTP site in the address book with username , password and default remote folder, and if i pull this up it will connect straight away no problem.

Yet if i use the sync service (which incidently doesn;t trigger when files are put into the monitored directory) i hit run now and then check the log and it show invalid logon ofr anonymous.

This makes some but not full sense as when i check the setting for the synce task it has all details correct except the url which is Username@ftp.plus.net (username being my login) where as to auto loginit should be username:password@ftp.plus.net and i cannot edit this field if i check th esetting on the address book it shows both username and password specified and like i say if i then click connect it does so in seconds.

But where it gets the idea of an anonymous login i do not know, so basically my question is

1) How can i specify login criteria for the sync service, as it doesn;t take the detail from the address book correctly and cannot be edited on the task settings itself.

2) How can i make the sync service work automatically ? it currently monitors a folder where images are droped when any motion is detected from a surveilance camera, i can see the files going in there and have specified the 'Run as NT Service) i guess that is all i need to do

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
aeades

Re: Invalid login error - only with sync service ??

Postby admin » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:52 pm

Sync Service retrieves login info from address book based on the given host address, host port and username. Because many options are associated with a single site profile, which exists as an entry in the Address Book, the approach of associating the targeting server of a sync task and a server in the Address Book is used.

A common cause of the problem you now have is that a server can't be found in the Address Book with matching address, port and username. Note that the username is CASE SENSITIVE.

The Auto Upload task works automatically when the NT service is started. The Run Now button has no effect on an Auto Upload task.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby aeades » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply - i am sure that the address book details are correct as it connects straight away when i pull the server(one i am tryin to automate) from it.

Its just in the sync log its tryin to log in as anonymous with no pass when the adress book has the correct details in the correct case.

It just strange how the ftp address antry only specifies the username (which is correct and is not anonymous which tries to log in as) so it very confusing i dont know where it gets anonymous from.

I can post some screen prints to show you what i mean if you like.

Cheers
aeades

Anonymous syncs

Postby idler » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:42 pm

Hello,

I am a Support Analyst assisting Leon.

When did you last examine your address book?

I have been doing some experiments to connect to a FTP server on my network with TurboFTP. I set the "Anonymous Login" checkbox to test an anonymous login. I just discovered that after I disable "Anonymous Login", the "User ID" field is no longer my usual login but has been translated into "anonymous".

Could you address book have suffered a similar fate?

Alan Idler
Technical Support Analyst
idler
Support Staff

Postby aeades » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:32 pm

it can pull the info from the address book fine if i am auto connection through the main gui - in the properties it shows anonymous unchecked and then my user name and password in correct case below.

it just tries to login as anonymous according to the log,wierd ??

i had only just installed it createdone entry and then tried the automated test, thats all i wanted it for.

Cheers
aeades

Postby admin » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:16 am

Hi,

Can you let me know the version of TurboFTP being used and post the screenshots of the address book with the server in question highlighted and the General tab of the Task Settings? Thanks in advance.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby puzzler » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:55 pm

The problem is probably the same as what I'm experiencing,,, tftpsvc.exe doesn't look at the port number...it defaults to 21 and thus connection fails. I'm on turboftp 5.60.632.
puzzler

Re: Invalid login error - only with sync service ??

Postby anosh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:38 am

Does TurboFTP archive the logs anywhere? It looks like the sync service creates a daily log called 1.log but that gets written over daily?
anosh

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service