Compress before file transfer

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

Compress before file transfer

Postby ramad » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:07 am

Hi

I've been trying to get TurboFTP to do the following tasks.

1) Once a day sync a local folder with a ftp folder
2) Before the sync I'll have to compress the files in the folder
3) After the sync delete the source files

Step 1 and 3 are no problem, but the compressing part is quite hard to figure out. I've tried to run a .bat file before the sync task (from the option in the GUI) and set the checkbox to "Wait Until Program Terminates", but this makes the task fail. It is like it doesn't wait for .bat file to complete.

The .bat file contains a few simple steps to compress the files.

Is there a built-in feature in TurboFTP to take care of the compressing in a sync task, or do I have to use the "Run Programs/Before Task" option, and how do I get that to work then?

All help will be most appriciated.

/Ramad
ramad

Postby admin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi Ramad,

Are you compressing the files into a single bundle or individually?

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby ramad » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:31 am

I have a folder, and all the files in this folder should be compressed into a single .zip file.

The solution I made so far is that I have a daily windows task starting a .bat file which is compressing the file. After this one i run the TurboFTP task. It works ok, but it would be great if TurboFTP could handle it all.

I tried to put the .bat file in the "Wait Until Program Terminates", but as written in the first post that doesn't work.
ramad

Re: Compress before file transfer

Postby Bigboss01 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 am

Hi,
When I start TurboFTP Sync service, not cannot start. And, this error: "Windows could not start the TurboFTP Sync Service on Local Computer. For more imformation, review the System Event Log. ......."
Bigboss01

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service