Auto Upload of only changed files with NT sync service

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

Auto Upload of only changed files with NT sync service

Postby mdiman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 am

:(

Hello,
I have the program with the sync service module and I am confused. I am running the task scheduler as NT service but nothing seems to happen.

DO I have to also set the Basic Auto Upload.
Essentially, I want to upload only the changed files to my server. The Basic Autoupload uploads ALL of the files even only one has changed! I tried to set up a taks as I thought the sync module to run as nt service would monitor and upload just ones that changed.

What am I doing wrong? I want to automaticall monitor and upload changed files as they have been saved as changed.

Thanks
mdiman

Postby admin » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:50 am

Hi,

Does the task running in NT service mode generate any log? If so please send us the log.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby mdiman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:11 pm

Leon,

:D

I think I got it figured out that I do not need to have the Basic Upload running for the NT sync Service to do its thing. My problems came cause I was thinking that the uploads were pretty much in real time, but given that FTP connections are inherently slow, having been throttled by the isp or whatever, I see that it just takes a little while for things to happen!

Thanks
Cool program
mdiman

Re: Auto Upload of only changed files with NT sync service

Postby twinkle45 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:54 pm

DO I have to also set the Basic Auto Upload.
Essentially, I want to upload only the changed files to my server. The Basic Autoupload uploads ALL of the files even only one has changed! I tried to set up a taks as I thought the sync module to run as nt service would monitor and upload just ones that changed
twinkle45

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service