Is there a way to immediately/automatically start upload?

All about using TurboFTP. Exchange your use experience or post questions/problems here.

Moderator: idler

Is there a way to immediately/automatically start upload?

Postby MumblingFumbler » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm evaluating TurboFTP. I drop a file onto a remote directory and the file goes into the queue. Then I click on Transfer, and the file is uploaded. The behavior I want is for the transfer to begin as soon as I drag and drop. Is this possible? This is a showstopper for me.
MumblingFumbler

Re: Is there a way to immediately/automatically start upload?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 pm

I think you are referring to Basic Auto Upload feature. You can select the option 'Start transfer immediately' to do so.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby MumblingFumbler » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks for responding. The way that I understood Basic Auto Upload feature to work is that it syncs a local and remote folder. This is useful, but not the feature that I'm looking for. I want to drag from a Windows Explorer window, drop on a Turbo FTP Remote Window and have the transfer start immediately, not get queued for later transfer, which will require an extra use action. I also don't want to be prompted if this is what I really want to do (or at least an option to turn this dialog off). Dragging from local Turbo FTP local window and dropping to Turbo FTP remote window comes close, but it still presents the "are you sure?" dialog, and a Windows Explorer is a much more general and flexible mechanism for choosing local files to transfer. Please let me know if I'm missing something, or if there is a way to do what I want. All of the FTP clients that I've surveyed thus far support this feature. For an example of one that works this way, see Filezilla (free, Open Source (GNU/GPL))

Thanks for your help,
Mumbling Fumbler
MumblingFumbler

Postby admin » Sun May 01, 2011 4:39 am

Hi,

This function will be added very soon.

Thanks,
Leon
admin
Support Staff

Return to Using TurboFTP