New feature request - run from thursday to monday

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

New feature request - run from thursday to monday

Postby kwijibot » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:10 am

I would like to be able to schedule a sync service for a folder to be able to run from one day of the week till another day of the week automatically without having to go in and change dates etc.

Do you think that would be an easy thing to add in?

We run quite a few automated printing jobs and the files for this work comes in regularly (weekly) between different parts of the week.

We would like to deactivate the sync between down times.

Thanks, Kwijibot.
kwijibot

Postby admin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:30 pm

Hi,

Can you give me an example how the scheduling is supposed to work to suit you need?

Thanks

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby kwijibot » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:04 pm

Ok lets say i have a magazine1 which comes to us weekly between wednesday and friday on ftp, and a magazine2 that comes down between friday and monday.

I want to be able to have a start and stop based on the day of the week so it can be deactivated between times it is not needed. Magazine1 would not be polled between friday midnight and tuesday midnight and Magazine2 would not be polled between monday midnight and friday midnight.

this would reduce problems with files coming in when not expected (left on the ftp server till job starts) and also processer time on the server with the Turbo ftp software.
kwijibot

Postby admin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 am

Do you check the option in Task Settings | General | Repeat task | Every x weeks, where you can pick out whatever weekdays when you want to run the task.

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby kwijibot » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:41 am

Unfortunately, i have already got the repeat task activated to run every 2 minutes.

I would like to be able to activate the sync to run every two minutes between certain days (while the files are coming in) and then deactivate and wait till the next nominated weekday.

We are only starting using this software and already have 22 monitored folders on two ftps sites with more to come.
kwijibot

Postby admin » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:09 pm

Yes we will add this as part of enhancement to the scheduling function.

Thanks
Leon
admin
Support Staff

Re: New feature request - run from thursday to monday

Postby dieting » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:08 am

I want to be able to have a start and stop based on the day of the week so it can be deactivated between times it is not needed. Magazine1 would not be polled between friday midnight and tuesday midnight and Magazine2 would not be polled between monday midnight and friday midnight. ???
dieting

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service