Rebooting caused Sync Service not to run tasks?

Everything about TurboFTP Sync Service.

Moderators: idler, Saturn

Rebooting caused Sync Service not to run tasks?

Postby AVeryHarlow » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am

Recently We have bought the TurboFTP s/w with single computer License with Sync module. Yesterday out IT rebooted the server for windows patch updates and what happened is that the "TurboFTP Sync Service" started automatically with OS reboot but it did not do anything. When I opened the Turbo FTP interface and opened the FTP ask Scheduler I found that the "Run as NT service" option was not checked and i got confused then because the service was already running. So checked the option and all the scheduled tasked started again.

I would appreciate help on it, why the the option was not checked after service was alredy up and running?

Best Regards
Amir
AVeryHarlow

Re: Rebooting caused Sync Service not to run tasks?

Postby admin » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:09 am

Hi,

Please report any error message related to TurboFTP Sync Service in the Systerm NT event log.

Thanks

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Postby AVeryHarlow » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 am

admin wrote:Hi,

Please report any error message related to TurboFTP Sync Service in the Systerm NT event log.

Thanks

Leon

Dear Leon,

The time when the Server rebooted, there are as many enteries in the application event log as the schedule jobs. I am pasting the three examples for you here

[2009/08/20 Thu 13:30:39] Task 26 (MangoPIND) ended successfully.
[2009/08/20 Thu 13:30:39] Task 26 (MangoPIND) started.
[2009/08/20 Thu 13:30:19] Task 11 (ADTR XML) ended successfully.

I cannot find any error entries?
AVeryHarlow

Postby admin » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:26 am

Sorry for the confusion. You can look at the application events for entries of source "TurboFTP Sync Service". If it is informative and the description reads "TurboFTP Sync Service" started successfully, it means Sync Service starts working at system boot. Otherwise, there might be Error event about Sync Service.
admin
Support Staff

Postby AVeryHarlow » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:17 pm

admin wrote:Sorry for the confusion. You can look at the application events for entries of source "TurboFTP Sync Service". If it is informative and the description reads "TurboFTP Sync Service" started successfully, it means Sync Service starts working at system boot. Otherwise, there might be Error event about Sync Service.

Right, When I checked for event log I cannot find this entry until I manually tick the checkbox "Run as NT service" on "TurboFTP Task Scheduler". There is no error log reported. Is it to do with different user logs in and run the turbo ftp rouine?
AVeryHarlow

Postby admin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:11 am

That means the Sync Service has started successfully. User must have administrative privilege to start the service. The service status can be reviewed in the schedule log (Task Scheduler -> Schedule Log). For details of how the task is going look at the task log (Task Scheduler -> Task Log).

Leon
admin
Support Staff

Return to TurboFTP Sync Service